Haryana Nurses Registration Council was constituted as an autonomous statutory body constituted by the Government of Haryana in the year 1973 under “The Punjab Nurses Registration Act, 1932”.Vide gazette notification no.53-2017/Ext dated 27,March,2017 Government of Haryana, constituted a body “Haryana Nurses and Nurse-Midwives Council, with its Headquarter at Panchkula under a new Act namely “Haryana Nurses and Nurse–Midwives Act, 2017.
Functions of HN&NMC are:-
- Establishment and maintenance of uniform standards of nursing education in Haryana.
- Registration of successful candidates of Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife (A.N.M.), General Nursing & Midwifery (G.N.M.), Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. Nursing, M.Sc. Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Critical Care from Haryana as Registered Nurse – Registered Midwife (RN RM)..
- Reciprocal registration of candidates who have acquired educational qualification from recognized institutions of other states.
- Renewal of Registration on expiry of validity.
- Verification of Registration and Diploma certificates from authorities inside and outside India.
- Recognition to all the new A.N.M., G.N.M., Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. Nursing ,M.Sc. Nursing & Nurse Practitioner Critical Care Institutes in the State of Haryana after issuance of N.O.C. by the State Government.
- Conduct of admission as well as examination of diploma courses i.e. A.N.M. & G.N.M.
- Apart from that Council is also conducting admissions as well as examinations of M.P.H.W. (Male) Course on orders of O/o DMER, Hry Panchkula, and Vide order no. DMER/2018/5977 dated 06-08-2018.
The Government of Haryana vide notification. No. 16/2/2018/6HB-IV dated 8 March, 2018 In exercise of the powers conferred by section (4) of the Haryana Nurses and Nurse Midwives Act, 2017 (3 of 2017) the Governor of Haryana hereby constitute the Haryana Nurses and Nurse Midwives Council consisting of the following members, namely :-
Ex officio members
- The Director General/Director Medical Education and Research Department President
- Additional Director/Joint Director, Medical Education and Research Department- Vice-President
- Deputy Director (Nursing) O/o Director General Health Services Haryana, Panchkula.
- Head of the Department of Gynaecology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak.
- Head of the Department of Gynaecology, Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women, Khanpur Kalan, District Sonepat.
- Principal, Government College of Nursing, Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.
- Registrar of the Council – Member Secretary
Six nominated members from nursing side.